ShimmerCat: fast web servers don't make fast websites
Develop fast-loading HTTPS+HTTP/2 websites with a tool for the purpose!
Are you a performance-conscious web developer? Then ShimmerCat is the tool for you. Unlike general purpose web servers, ShimmerCat seeks to dramatically reduce the amount of work that it takes to create a web application that loads in a fraction of the time.
Still not convinced? Do cats and timing information for your backend sound like a treat? Take a look below!
In the free version:
- Random cat quips
- HTTP/2 Push (with cookie cache digests)
- Operation mode specially designed for development
- Automatic HTTPS setup for development
- Team-friendly configuration (see below)
- Built-in SOCKS5 for web development,
- See through HTTP application headers for web developers,
- Support for development of conventional web applications and JSON-only backends for SPAs
- Automatic generation of CSRs for e.g. using with Let's Encrypt
- Network bandwidth and latency simulation for performance-conscious developers,
plus the basics:
- Content-based etags,
- Completely event-based architecture (PFE)
- HTTP/1.1 and FastCGI reverse-proxy for applications,
- Serve assets gzip-compressed, keep them on a transparent cache,
- "A" support for HTTPS with only secure suites,
- CHACHA20_POLY1305 encryption chosen by default,
- 24/7 commercial support.
It's all dead-simple to use:
- Four lines of configuration for a "hello world" project (see below),
- Fourteen lines of configuration used in development, staging and deployment for this website,
- Eleven lines of configuration for our Discourse forum.